Darkover: First Contact
Jerome K. Jerome
The Complete Sherlock Holmes with an introduction from Robert Ryan
Robert Ryan, Arthur Conan Doyle
Progress: 7 %
Admit One - Jenna Hilary Sinclair I don't quite know what to say about this book, or even how many stars to give. I'll go in the middle or something. It was good, but it wasn't good. At least not for me.

The closest I can get to describing my unease with this book is that it felt like a made-for-tv-movie. While it wasn't quite 100 on a scale of 1 to Amy Lane, it was close enough that it felt like the writer really. wanted. to. make. me. FEEL. it. Cry, you beeyatch! And then everyone pulled through and banded together and important lessons were learned and the children will make the future be a better place for all of us. Not completely rainbows and unicorns, the writer is too smart to make that mistake, but the whole thing was just a little too skilled, too polished, too neat. Made for TV, like I said.

The participation of Sean in the gay-bashing was completely unbelievable to me. Yeah, sure, great dramatic impact in the story, and I would have bought him standing by and doing nothing, but participating? Seriously? Is the guy a psychopath? No early warning signs of his complete and utter lack of human decency? And then he calls to apologize? Because he is not a psychopath? Sorry, Jenna, you lost me there.