Darkover: First Contact
Robert Ryan, Arthur Conan Doyle
Progress: 7 %

FIVE SIZZLING, THROBBING, FUCK ME NOW! STARS

The Locker Room - Amy Lane

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book SO MUCH!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!! I loved this book so much!!!!! Chris is so perfect. I have fallen in love with books. I have fallen in love with authors. But I have never fallen head over heals for a character! Chris! I love you!

I have read this book at least seven hundred times!
I LOVE IT! For all you Xander lovers out there....
you went for the wrong guy!! CHRIS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

The book that started a phenomenon and opened my eyes to the wonderful, vast world of romance. I just can't say enough about it. Just simply that it's a beautiful and sweet against all odds love story. I love Chris and Xander's awkward, tentative, honest, sweet, and bold relationship. Lane truly captured the innocence and excitement of young, first love and made the reader feel right alongside Xander. The book that made so many of us want our very own Chris! I just love it and love the entire The Locker Room Saga

As a reader, I was fully enraptured in the day to day life of Xander and his emotions for Chris. I cannot wait to read the rest of the saga and I cannot wait to see the film! I do hope that it does it justice. His story is one that any romantic girl who has loved or desires to love can fall into and be held to the pages as the story unfolds.

I recommend this book for anyone and everyone. It truly is a keeper for my shelf.

Put into the realm of the supernatural basketball skills, this story portrays all that is dear and near as any Romeo and Juliet story in a different atmosphere can.

There will always be two people that by appearances should not be together. It is in the making it work and love enduring that proves that there is a way for anything to happen when you follow what is good and not evil.

This book touched me in profound ways. The Locker Room was a book that I got deeply involved with. It was not a casual read that was easy to put down and move onto everyday life. It was a book that I carried around with me and tried to read every chance I could.

The characters are MOVING AND INTENSE, their relationships with each other intimate and touching. I felt Chris's anguish that he can't let go of Xander, although he know he endangers him. I walked in Xander's shoes, feeling his fascination and intense love for Chris. Every touch, word, look between them was deep with emotion and that emotion went straight to my heart.

I can honestly say that this is one of the best romances I've ever read. Everything is there that a romance needs. The intensity, the emotion, the joy, the edge of despair of knowing that one is in too deep. And the fulfillment of knowing that your intense love is very much returned. It's what I read romance for.

Romance aside, the other elements also make this book involving. I was fascinated with Xander and what made him tick. His interactions with his parents and his friends. His outlook on life. His courage at facing a horrible situation out of love for another person. Even everyday things in his life were interesting to me.

Like Xander, I fell deeply in love with Chris. He is one of the most magnetic characters ever written, in my humble opinion. I know now that my reading life will consist of Before Chris Edwards and After Chris Edwards. Yes I am a grown woman obsessed with a homo book, but I like it that way.

It is one thing to really enjoy a book and wish the journey wasn't over, but to miss the characters so much that you have to read the series over and over again, just to numb the heartbreak of not being in their world is another thing. I fell in love with this series and have never, in my life, been more enchanted by anything. Need I say more?

This book is my favorite book ever! I love it and always will. It is about a basketball player who falls in love with another basketball player, and he is also deeply in love with him. The amount that he loves him is literally "to die for" love. The amount that he loves him is literally "unbearable".

Some people feel that Amy Lane puts too many emotions in her book, which I agree with a little. Sometimes there are details that simply aren't necessary and do nothing for the plot. But I actually appreciate that she's put in so much detail, especially how Xander's feeling about everything. I know that I wouldn't have had the patience for that! And it makes you feel for a little while that you actually are Xander.

The only thing that bothers me is what has happened because of The Locker Room. Now everyone is leeching (excuse the punn!) off of the whole gay thing, but the truth is The Locker Room isn't as much about homos as it is about "forbidden" love and that's what people don't understand and why they decide not to give the series a chance. Xander really shouldn't be with Chris, but neither of them can stay away. It's a truly classic love story with a fantasy twist to it. I think that if a lot of people that are so against it put their differences aside and actually tried to enjoy it they might end up liking it.

Unfortunately, this book is not so good. But if I have learned one thing as a parent it is to not make empty threats. So, just to piss off Kate here's my gushing review. As it turns out, it is not so easy to gush about a stupid book. So I borrowed some reviews from Twilight readers and did some 'find and replace' functions on Bella and Edward and such.

For realz this book is high on the melodrama and the emotional puking and feels about as true to life as an emo Barbie doll. I haven't read Twilight, but from what I gather from the reviews, this could very well be the gay version.

(show spoiler)

ETA: Now updated with more gifs, because I was being outgiffed!